Tue_Feb_26_16:01:26_PST_2019

One of the first things I did when I arrived here in our new town was to get myself a public library card
It is a nice library and I particularly like their children's programming. But they don't allow magazines to be checked out- bummer. Flipping through yummy magazines is my favorite way to kill an hour here and there.

Here's what I am reading. I just started Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. It is a bestselling classic written in 1938. Now, I generally prefer reading contemporary works, and this one is supposed to be in the romantic suspense genre, whatever that means. But I suppose romantic suspense is still more entertaining than the particularly unromantic suspense of election night.

Other books in my stack are-

Lidia's Italy in America by Lidia Bastianich: This is the companion cookbook to the PBS series that I've watched quite a bit. I'm enjoying the essays on various Little Italy neighborhoods in the US, and I plan to try a recipe from this book before this month is out.

Plastic Free by Beth Terry: A very interesting and informative book by a woman who took on the challenge of banishing plastic from her life. I'll need to devote a whole post to this one.

Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear: I haven't started this one yet but I am so excited, because if it is good, then I have a whole new cozy mystery series to read!


What are you reading these days?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fri_Apr_12_16:01:16_PDT_2019

Sat_Apr_13_12:01:16_PDT_2019