Sun_Feb_24_16:01:23_PST_2019

It has been a long and chaotic day here at the world headquarters of One Hot Stove
We're getting some repairs done and the home is upside down for a few days. And poor Dale is having a bad day with his back legs giving him more trouble than usual. I've been struggling to help him stand up. Clearly, we have to find a vet soon and take him in- and this is a holiday week so almost everyone is on vacation...

So all I have today is a quick recipe idea. This one comes from my mother who is one for putting creative riffs on everyday meals. The last time she was visiting us, she made this "Chinese omelet". Basically all the vegetables that go into Indian Chinese food- carrots, cabbage, peppers, green onions, mushrooms- are sliced, sauteed and seasoned with soy sauce and lots of freshly ground black pepper and then stuffed into an omelet. You can make the omelet atop a tortilla or not.

This makes for a tasty and hearty breakfast or lunch that will keep you full for hours. Vegetables don't get attention at breakfast, I feel.

Good night and I'll see you tomorrow!
lingonberry sauce thanks to IKEA!) so that was fun to read.

I'm very appreciative of the reading suggestions that I get here in the comments. Several months ago, Anu recommended that I read this parenting book: Unconditional Parenting by Alfie Kohn. Since then, I've borrowed it twice and read it twice cover to cover. I don't agree with everything this author says, but that's not the point of reading books anyway. The important thing is that the book is very thought provoking and questions the very foundation of how we as parents think. I would recommend it to everyone who is raising a child.

I'm sending this post to the It's Monday! What Are You Reading? meme over at Book Journey.

So, what are you reading?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fri_Apr_12_16:01:16_PDT_2019

Sat_Apr_13_12:01:16_PDT_2019