Mon_Feb_25_12:01:31_PST_2019

We're at the halfway point of the blogging marathon that is NaBloPoMo, so don't mind if I pause a little to catch my breath


I'm going to spend some time today responding to your comments on previous posts. I so enjoy it when you take the time to share your thoughts, enlighten me, challenge what I'm saying, make me think some more. Seriously, I love you guys so much. And to keep this conversation going, I have to take some time to respond properly to comments.

Some of the blogs that I read regularly are also participating in NaBloPoMo- so here's a shout out to you. Arundati has been making dazzling Diwali treats day after day, and she has posted some lovely Diwali decor ideas too (someone was asking about that a few days ago).

Siri does something that I just love and admire- she is a supporter of Vaidehi Ashram, a refuge for girls in Hyderabad, India. Now blogs are wonderful because they give us a glimpse into lives other than our own, but bloggers usually fit into the privileged, middle class bracket. By writing about the girls in the ashram and photographing their lives, Siri is giving them a voice and making them visible. Recently, she did some fund-raising on her blog and sent the girls on a week-long vacation (their first ever). And that my friends is the true power of the internet.

One of the best things about NaBloPoMo is that you come upon some fresh new blogs, and my favorite find so far this month is Cheeky Chilli by Sharmila. I love the way Sharmila writes, in a voice that is quiet yet evocative. And- psst- she's giving away a sample of homemade dhansak masala, so go on and check out her blog if you haven't already found it.

If you're feeling lucky, you might also want to hop over and enter Bong Mom's giveaway- she'll reward one lucky winner and their favorite charity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fri_Apr_12_16:01:16_PDT_2019

Sat_Apr_13_12:01:16_PDT_2019